BISMARCK TRAIL RANCH for sale in Vale, South Dakota
This ad is marked as Sold
|SOLD, SOLD, SOLD
Thank you CarProperty.com for helping us find a buyer.
Named after the trail that brought people from Bismarck, North Dakota to Deadwood during the days of the Black Hills Gold Rush, this ranch is a tremendous assemblage of various topography and agricultural uses. Conveniently located 51 miles north of Rapid City, South Dakota. The Bismarck Trail Ranch totals 47,883± acres which includes, 41,822± deeded acres, 4,361± acres of BLM grazing lease and 1,600± acres of State Lease. The ranch ranges from Belle Fourche River bottom and irrigated pivots to grassy-covered hillsides.
There is a tremendous set of first-class improvements consisting of four homes, multiple sets of working facilities, and numerous new Morton outbuildings. The owner’s residence and one other home are very nice custom homes that didn’t spare any exquisite details. The property is well-watered with an extensive pipeline system, numerous stock tanks, dams, and water wells. There are 875± acres of irrigated ground under eight pivots.
An exceptional investment class asset, the owner currently leases most of the grazing out as well as the production agriculture. The grazing leases consist of approximately 2,500 yearlings, 1,200 cow/calf pairs and 1,000 wild horses currently roam several large pastures.
For an owner-operator, carrying capacity is estimated at eight to ten acres per cow for four to five months for yearlings and 15 acres for six months for cow/calf pairs. Without the wild horses, it is estimated that the ranch could carry 5,000-6,000 yearlings or 3,000 pairs. If there is a category for luxury working ranches the Bismarck Trail Ranch would likely be the top listing in the central plains states.
JUST THE FACTS
- 47,883± acres total with 41,822± acres deeded
- 875± acres pivot irrigated acres
- Very nice homes and new Morton outbuildings
- Indoor and outdoor arenas as well as very nice equestrian improvements
- Tremendous set of working facilities, including truck and livestock scales
- All perimeter and interior fencing is less than 12 years old
- 38 pastures all with good water sources
- Miles of pipeline, extensive stock tanks, and numerous stock dams
- Multiple sets of working facilities
- Whitetail, mule deer and pronghorn antelope are found on the ranch
- Significant investment opportunity with multiple renewable leases in place
- Owner currently leases most of the ranch for approximately 2,500 yearlings, 1,200 cow/calf pairs, 1,000 wild horses and farming
- The pivots currently conservatively produce 150+ bushel corn and six tons per acre of alfalfa
Stories about the Sellers Celebrity Status:
|Advertised by:||Robb Nelson (click here to see full profile)|
|Garage Spaces (put 0 if this does not apply)||40.00|
|Price Info||SOLD, SOLD, SOLD|
|Which Celebrity?||Neal Wanless ($232.1 MM Powerball Lottery Winner)|
|Address||19199 BISMARCK TRAIL|
|Cell Phone||(303) 861-8282|